A March for Solidarity with Migrants is taking place in France from April 30th to July 8th. It will start at Vintimille, on the Italian border in southern France, where many refugees are arrested by the police after crossing the border. The end will be at Calais, in northern France, where refugees who want to go to the United Kingdom end up. The whole route is 1473 km.
The objectives of the march are
* advocating freedom of travel and residence for migrants within Europe,
* against closing of borders to refugees,
* freedom of the country where refugees can ask asylum protection,
* opening of refuge centers any time to anyone,
* end of the law and police agression repressing people helping refugees.